Have a good Friday Toledo! Let’s keep you all updated on what’s happening on the ground to start with an informed note today.
First the weather today: Possible light rain in the morning. High: 77 Low: 66. Risk of thunderstorms.
Here are the top stories of today in Toledo:
- A man was taken to the hospital after a fire Arbor Landings Apartments in the south Toledo vicinity Brookview Drive. Several people were treated for smoke inhalation and the building had to be evacuated. (13abc action news)
- Mayor Kapszukiewicz weighed in the lack of COVID vaccinations Lucas County. The two largest groups opposing vaccination efforts include colored communities and white evangelical conservatives. (WTOL)
- A fundraiser at ProMedica Toledo Hospital will feature cancer survivors abseiling the side of the building, including breast cancer survivors and Toledo native Nicole Reamsnyder. The proceeds from the fundraiser go to “Over the edge for victory“and remains exclusively local. (WTOL)
- Port Clinton Doctor, William Bauer, has been found guilty to 76 charges of distributing a controlled substance and 25 charges of health fraud in the US District Court in Toledo. The crimes include prescribing high levels of opioids without due diligence and fraudulently billing insurance companies. (13abc action news)
- Three Toledo landlord settled a lawsuit filed in 2019 for sexual harassment against three tenants. Landlords Anthony Hubbard, Ann Hubbard, and Jeffery Hubbard have agreed to pay $ 100,000 and the settlement is pending approval in the US District Court and includes the Civil Rights Department of the Ministry of Justice.
Today’s Toledo Daily is Brought to you by our friends at Verizon. You are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will change life for you and your community – and to get access to this amazing technology – click here. And thanks to Verizon for sponsoring this Toledo community resource!
Today in Toledo
- New for you sale in the Victory Center (9 AM)
- Design for Social Good Camp, Frederick Douglass Center (10 AM)
- A healthy summer camp, Frederick Douglass Center (10 AM)
- Jonathan Ralston: Shadows and Enlightenment, 20 north gallery (12 o’clock)
- 38 Special with Pat Travers Band, Promenade Park (17 o’clock)
- Family Night Cruise on the sandpiper (6 p.m.)
- Toledo Club 34th annual party in the parking lot (6 p.m.)
- CTW musicals in the parks – 101 Dalmatians KIDS performance (6:30 p.m.)
- Folk music festival series, Brookwood Metropark (6:30 PM)
- Fat from 3B Productions, Maumee Indoor Theater (8 p.m.)
Toledo patch notebook
- Friends remember Downtown Toledo shooting victim Stormy Clere (13abc action news)
- Unison health opens new clinic in Cherry Street Life revitalization center (WNWO NBC 24)
- Charles Dickens is traveling through The black swamp | Today in the history of Toledo July 22nd (WTOL)
- Toledo Zoo: “Say hello to the animals as they start their day every Saturday through August on the members mornings at your Toledo Zoo!” (Instagram)
- Downtown Toledo: “The view from the roof of the # GlassCityMetropark pavilion is breathtaking.” (Instagram)
- Toledo Humane Society: “As one wise farmer from Ohio once said,” It’s not much, but it’s honest work, “and that’s the motto our working cats live by!” (Facebook)
- The University of Toledo: “Congratulations to former Toledo Rockets swimmer and three-time Academic All-MAC selection Emma Sampson” (Facebook)
- Toledo Police: “Search attempt: Detectives want to speak to Latoya Webb about the murder of Tyrone Gregory” (Facebook)
- Toledo Zoo: “Get in the early holiday mood at your Toledo Zoo on Christmas weekend in July!” (Instagram)
- Toledo School for the Arts: “The Toledo School for the Arts has partnered with the Toledo Jeep Fest” (Instagram)
- Toledo’s PET Bull project: “It’s a Petbull Puppy Pop-Up !!! Come and meet the Adoptable D Puppies … all 9 of them!
- handmade toledo: “Did someone say Sunday Funday? We’re so excited for the summer spectacle from @loop_toledo !!!” (Instagram)
- Toledo’s PET Bull project: “Do you have to work on a leash with your new puppy! The puppy socialization course starts today at 6:30 pm” (Facebook)
- Toledo Opera: “We’re back! Subscribe to our 2021-2022 season today and take your time for the arts, music and theater that move the human mind” (Instagram)
- Toledo pride: “Thank you Hiltons of Toledo, The Heights Toledo Brim House Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel for sponsoring” (Facebook)
- Art bow Toledo: “The Art Loop Summer Spectacular is only three days away! Visit us on Sunday, July 25th, 12-5pm for an action-packed event” (Facebook)
- The Toledo Zoo: “Say hello to the animals as they start their day every Saturday through August on the members mornings at your Toledo Zoo!” (Facebook)
You’re officially up to date for today! I’ll be in your inbox with your next update in the morning. If you feel these newsletters, consider taking a few friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Brad King
About Me: I was a native of Northwest Ohio and a graduate of the University of Toledo (Go Rockets!). I’m old enough to remember when the Mud Hens were playing in Maumee. The Glass City has seen an amazing revitalization and I am very excited to share every update with you!
Do you have a tip for the news or a suggestion for an upcoming Toledo Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.