Have a nice Thursday Toledo! Let’s keep you all updated on what’s happening on the ground to start with an informed note today.
First the weather today: Rain in the morning. High: 88 Low: 64.
Here are the top stories in Toledo today:
- That Victory Center has opened a new permanent facility in 3166 N. Republic Boulevard. Today there is an open day from 1 pm to 4 pm. The center focuses on the emotional, spiritual, and mental aspects of recovery from cancer at no cost to patients. (13abc action news)
- A veterans memorial in Friendship Park In Point place was devastated on the weekend and Toledo Police investigate the matter. Local residents report that this is not the first time the memorial has been destroyed and there is hope that the damage will be covered by insurance given that it is on the city property. (WTOL)
- ON Temperance, Michigan Man died after an accident 1-475. The victim, who was not wearing seat belts, was thrown out of the dump truck he was driving after the raised bed crashed into the vehicle Holland-Sylvania flyover. (13abc action news)
- That Historical Museum of Toledo, lies in the Valentine’s Theater Downtown, opens its doors this weekend after being closed for more than a year during the COVID pandemic. The museum highlights Toledos rich automotive history, just in time for Toledo Jeep festival (August 6-8). (13abc action news)
- A fire occurred around Cherry Picked Car in the 5600 block of North Toledo. Toledo fire and rescue were able to bring the fire under control. (WTOL)
Today’s Toledo Daily is presented by our friends at FTD, the Most Trusted Name in Flowers. FTD’s network includes over 8,800 local florists in communities across the country. Send flowers to someone you care about today and get 15% off your order. Click here to make someone feel great.
Today in Toledo
- Toledo moorhens vs. Omaha (7:05 p.m.)
- A healthy summer camp, Frederick Douglass Center (10 AM)
- Picnic lunch cruise on the sandpiper (11 clock)
- Lunch in Levis (11:30 AM)
- Perrysburg Farmers Market (3 PM)
- Extended hours of hiking around Toledo Metroparks (17 o’clock)
- Cambake at Toledo Zoo (6 p.m.)
- Zumba at Olander Park (6 p.m.)
- Jazz in the garden, Toledo Botanical Garden (6:30 PM)
- Mountain bike group ride, Preserve oak openings (6:30 PM)
- Jazz in the park, Friendship Park (19 o’clock)
- Rich and Ronnie Gs Trivia at the wheelhouse (19 o’clock)
Toledo patch notebook
- Toledo celebrates 16. African American Festival (13 ABC)
- ‘Art on the mall‘turns to. return Toledo after the cancellation of last year’s event (WTOL)
- That Lucas County Fairgrounds will host a life-size drive-through dinosaur adventure on August 7th and 8th. Tickets for the dinosaur event are only available online in advance, but tickets for outdoor activities are available on site. (13abc action news)
- Toledo police deliver donated toys, dog supplies in honor of fallen officers (WNWO NBC 24)
- Toledo pastors united in prayer against armed violence (13abc Action News)
- Man escapes house fire in Millbury (13abc action news)
- Toledo Police have issued an arrest warrant Shootout in Savage Park that happened on Sunday night. (WTOL)
- Toledo Police: “Still Missing: 63-year-old Alvin Darrow Jr. was last seen on July 27, 2017 after leaving a boating project to get tools from home” (Facebook)
- Toledo Zoo: “#WhatsBloomingWednesday Monarda punctata or Dotted Horsemint This native perennial likes full sun to partial shade” (Instagram)
- Toledo Humane Society: “Dorito wanted to remind everyone not to worry, she has 100% ears and she doesn’t surprise every time she remembers that they exist … just sometimes!” (Facebook)
- Toledo Fire & Rescue Service: “” As long as their names are pronounced, they will be remembered “Today we remember Deputy boss Ewald A. Bode who died on July 28, 1961 at 11:00 a.m. St. Vincent’s Hospital“(Facebook)
- Toledo farmers market: “Mark your calendars!” (Facebook)
- Toledo School for the Arts: “We need a few more flying pigs! Come to our team! (Instagram)
- Toledo Ballet: “SPECIAL ANOUNCEMENT dance workshop with Sean Howe Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 4: 00-6: 30 pm” (Facebook)
You are all caught up for today! I’ll catch up with you tomorrow morning with your next update. As you feel these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to join. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Brad King
About Me: I was a native of Northwest Ohio and a graduate of the University of Toledo (Go Rockets!). I’m old enough to remember when the Mud Hens were playing in Maumee. The Glass City has seen an amazing revitalization and I am very excited to share every update with you!
Do you have a tip for the news or a suggestion for an upcoming Toledo Daily? You can contact me at [email protected]